Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekly Summary: ugh

It was a terrible week. I don't know what's wrong with me... nothing has changed for my running, but all my runs feel awful lately, and I didn't get nearly the mileage I'd planned last week. I've been getting pains from my ankles up through my shins to the knees, and my legs just feel dead. But my shoes haven't changed, and my mileage is neither unusually high nor unusually low... so I don't know what's going on. Hopefully it resolves itself. Yesterday I was getting the "rest or get injured" message so I will take another light week and then see how I feel.

In the meantime, I've registered for the Diez Vista 50k on April 9, so I really hope I am feeling refreshed by then! I haven't had a run longer than 15 miles in about a month... so I will be running for fun and to complete (technically it's just a supported training run for White River anyway!).

Anyway, last week:
Tuesday - 5 miles night trail run
Thursday - 5 miles paved, with the puppy
Saturday - 8 miles. This was supposed to be a long trail run but I bombed it :(
Sunday - 9.3 miles. I was going to try to make up some of the bombed long run... didn't happen

Total: 27.3 measly miles. what is wrong with me?!

In other news, tonight I'm going to a Yoga for Runners class. I don't know if it will be an ongoing thing or not, but maybe it will help my legs feel better?

3 comments:

  1. If it doesn't go away and/or if your legs start feeling weak when you're NOT running, get it checked out immediately. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not like that... I think it's just stress and not enough stretching, etc. I went to a "yoga for runners" class tonight and all my muscles felt SO tight and sore!! I might try to do some more yoga and maybe get in to see my massage therapist... she'll fix me right up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My legs are absolutely shot. I hate HATE resting, but I'm having to do it now. Or at least try to.

    But these not-so fun running weeks make the good ones feel so good. :)

    ReplyDelete